This recipe is one of my go to meals, it’s really tasty and easily made well within the 7 minute timeframe. There is something about a warm salad that is much more satisfying than a cold version and being packed full of veggies and protein from the chickpeas this salad is plenty filling. The directions below will make one large salad or two smaller lunch size serves.
I use a sandwich press to grill the cherry tomatoes because in my experience it’s quicker, but that’s partly because my cooktop takes forever to heat up, feel free to use a grill pan on the cooktop if that’s what’s easier.
Warm chickpea and tomato salad
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 carton cherry tomatoes
- 300g can of chickpeas
- 1 lemon
- garlic infused olive oil
- Place the cherry tomatoes on a sandwich press and set to grill
- Cut the broccoli into small florets and place in a microwave safe container with the lemon zest and a small splash of water. Microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds
- Open the can of chickpeas and rinse under running water until all of the bubbles disappear
- Drain the broccoli and add the chickpeas, a splash of olive oil and a good pinch of salt. Microwave for 1 additional minute.
- Get the tomatoes off the sandwich press and rest while the other ingredients finish cooking (I hate biting into a boiling hot grilled tomato and getting an explosion of hot liquid in my mouth).
- Mix everything together and top with a squeeze of lemon juice.
This recipe only gets two stars for ease of clean up, because you have to clean the sandwich press.