I was going to make a video of this recipe, but the time I got home from work it was late and the sun was setting. Without natural light in the kitchen, I had to turn on the fluorescent lights, which make the food look awful. So no video today.
This is a fun dish to make and to eat. Plus it’s super tasty. Sometimes, like tonight, I make it as a main meal. But it’s also great as an entree, tasty, pretty looking and you eat it with your hands. I have a few end of year get togethers planned and this is one of the dishes that I know I can pull together quickly and give myself more time with my guest and less in the kitchen.
spicy tofu lettuce cups
- 125 grams (4.5 ounces) firm tofu
- 1 cup bean shoots
- baby cos lettuce
- 1 chilli
- 1 heaped teaspoon of vegetable stock
- 1 clove garlic
- Slice the tofu into 1cm thick slices and place into fry pan with a splash of oil
- Once the tofu is warm mash with a potato masher into mince size pieces
- Add a heaped teaspoon of veggie stock to the tofu and cook until it browns slightly, which should take 2 or 3 minutes.
- While the tofu is cooking chop the chilli into small pieces and add to the tofu
- Crush the garlic clove and add to the tofu
- Add the bean shoots and cook until warm
- Wash the lettuce leaves, pick 5 cup-shaped leaves and arrange on a serving plate
- Scoop the tofu mix into the lettuce cups and serve.